DOE test -berlingo failed on wishbone bushes, left and right. Inner tie rod, left.

johnjoda

Hi guys, my berlingo failed on wishbone bushes, left and right. Inner tie rod, left. I have some time to fix it, how difficult ? or any advice please thanks

Re: failed doe test

If I were you I would bring it to an independent mechanic and show him what it failed on and let him do it for you. Stay away from main dealers. They are a rip off at the moment as regards servicing. Think now as they are not selling many vehicles they seem to have up the servicing costs.

I have had a passat at a main dealer and they quoted me 1500 for some repairs that were necessary and which I knew had to be done myself. They gave me a list of stuff and tried to tell me something was wrong with a few other things. Brought it to an independent mechanic and he did the lot for 500 euros. There was one particular item on their list regarding the exhaust which my own mechanic said was absolutely fine and did not need replacing.

Re: failed doe test

I'm not sure of the particulars of this job on a Berlingo (or indeed on a Citroen of any sort), but do know it (replacing wishbone bushes) can be troublesome enough to DIY on certain cars. I know someone in Wexford who would do the work (works on cars in his spare time) and will PM you his details if interested.