Dodgy Roof Trusses

D

dnag

I'm currently doing a self build currently and my builder has just finished putting the prefab roof trusses onto the house. After the trusses were put on and he was beginning to put of the felt, he noticed the trusses were not even.
When a line was put on the trusses to indicate how level they were, he found there are dips and rises across the whole roof of anything up to 1 inch. Apparently this wouldn't be a huge issue for anyone putting a tiled roof on, but with a slate this is a disaster.
I was wondering if anyone else had faced this issue and what options are open to me?

Are the trusses at fault or the wall plates? I'd run a line on the plates just to check. If the trusses are indeed at fault I'd contact the manufacturer- this sounds like a big variation for a domestic truss roof.

Hi Carpenter,

Thanks for your reply...the wall plates seem fine...and the back of the roof seems fine. However at the front of the roof there are numerous dips and rises from the ridge to fascia.
I'm going to contact my supplier and see what excuse they have to offer! I'll update later with their response.

Spoke with the truss supplier, he seems prepared to take the extra labour cost that was involved in correcting the laft off the truss price. Not ideal, but it seems this is the most I can expect from this...:(

This would seem reasonable- afterall the roof structure is not defective and once the roof is covered in no one will be any the wiser.

Back