Do you want to be on TV?

T

TrinaT

We're making a TV documentary featuring the nation’s favourite television memories and TV related stories as told by the viewer.

We’d love to talk to as many RTE viewers as possible to capture the role that TV has played in your lives.

Do you remember buying your first TV?
Or when colour TV arrived?
What TV moments shocked you, made you happy, made you angry, or struck a chord?
What's your favourite childhood memory? (The Den, Zig and Zag. Wonderly Wagon...)
Is there any recent TV programme or series that impacted upon you?
How important was the 'box' to your life?

We'd like to talk to all age groups from children, teens and adults and hear about TV memories and TV related stories.

We will be receiving stories from viewers throughout July (2011) and a selection will be chosen to be filmed in August for broadcast in the new year. Please contact me if you'd like more information or would like to chat to me about it.

Thanks.

Much as I hate to sound like a naysayer it sounds like a pointless, throwaway programme.

Fundamental

Presumably to celebrate 50 years of TÉ (started broadcasting on New Year's Eve 1961, didn't it?)

I took part in a tv episode 3 years ago. spent 3 hrs at the site. i didnt mind too much as it was a bit of fun. i didnt get paid or expenses, but what annoyed me was I had to sign some disclaimer and it was as gaeilge and legal stuff, so it was impossible for me being non gaeilge fluent to read the thing.the programme was for TG4 a mixture of irish and english. i was interviewed and filmed and when the programme was aired I wasnt even shown, just a 1 second shot of a general crowd scene. I wouldnt waste my time doing anything like that again unless there was a few bob thrown in for lunch or expenses or whatever.

I know it may sound boring, but the real value of TV is that it broadcasts the news in pictures, and presents current affairs graphically. By that I mean everything from historic events such as the September 2001 attacks to sporting events such as the World Cup 1990. On top of that, I think the rest of TV is largely people's taste in entertainment. For children TV is educational, our favourite programme was Sesame Street. I think TV has "Americanised" the world a bit too, with shows such as Cheers, Friends, Desparate Housewives, Dallas, Oprah, CSI, Hollywood films, etc, etc, being shown worldwide. The amount of soaps on prime time television is phenomenal.

Are you offering any contact information TrinaT or can the mods comment on whether we can use PMs to seek contacts or do we just ring RTE and ask for TrinaT or send letters to RTE under that name?

ONQ.

My fond memories of programmes on early Telefís Eireann are the signature songs to Bat Masterson (you know the tune:- Have Gun will travel reads the card of a man, A fast gun for hire . . .). Then there was Mr Ed, the talking horse (A horse is a horse of course of course . . .). Rin-Tin-Tin was great (Cant remember the tune though). But, my favourite was F-Troop (The end of the Civil War was near . . .).

Broadcasting started at 5.30pm and ended at 11.10pm.

Love the memories and long before Wanderley Wagon too.