Do you have the bandwidth for X?

This happens all the time in my place and it tends to spread like a virus, especially if the top dogs have been off on some management development freebie and come back with a new vocabulary.

this can leverage a win-win and that's a good space to be in

WTF !

I, being a cynical old grump, tend to challenge them when I first encounter it - Sorry I didn't understand the phrase you used there ? On occasion it makes them self-aware and defensive.

I was reading an article recently on the future of bit-torrent and the CEO of the company was talking about the strategy to monetise the streams. Monetise ? I thought I was reasonably well read and literate but that's a new one on me !

this can leverage a win-win and that's a good space to be in
WTF !

arfhead... win-win is so 2005... that's now been replaced ny WIN-win....which means that both parties win but you have a bigger win! ....need to send you on one of these courses!

ninsaga

lifetime guarantee ( one a flooring product that I purchased recently) . who's lifetime?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at this item from the BBC. Personally, I rather like the idea of introducing new buzz words, and seeing how long it takes for them to get into widespread use by management.