Do we have a tax payers group in Ireland?

thedaras

I read this with interest,and while the internet does allow us to highlight issues when we feel our money is being spent incorrectly,it can just end up being one sector against the other.
But this looks like its all sectors who pay tax having a say on what their money is spent on.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Would this work in Ireland?

We already have a tax payers alliance - its called the electorate.

I have difficulties with this type of organisation as they invariably represent a small proportion of the electorate and tend to have an ideological bias towards the people who run them. In the same way that e.g. a Union cannot collectively bargain with an employer unless a majority of people members, I dont see why any group should be allowed set itself up as representing taxpayers unless the majority of taxpayers are members.

Note that they're just looking for lower taxation, not fairer taxation!

Sounds like one of those groups who were called social partners and made demands to Bertie

Indeed, maybe if our money was spent carefully/properly/less waste fully. that's what would be achieved.

It would be a nice counterbalance to TASC, a similar self-styled group who have been calling for more public spending and higher taxes.

There were marches against high PAYE in 1979 and 1980.