Do tile shops keep tiles in stock?

shoppergal

Does anyone know if tile shops keep tiles in stock or do they need to be ordered in. We're hoping to start tiling next week and had just kind of assumed that we'd be able to go tile shopping this weekend and take them away with us.

Someone in work today laughed at me when i said this so now i'm really worried!! Can anyone advise.

Tile shops we had planned to buy in are B & Q, Tile Market and a local place also.

Thanks.

Last edited:
We bought tiles recently in a BTW outlet. Some tiles were in stock, others needed to be ordered. I would imagine the best sellers are probably in stock, slow sellers are possibly ordered as required.

Some do and some don't. Depends on what quantity of tiles you require but you're best to visit the shop and check. Also, if you get the tile name you like, you can ring around other tile shops to see do they stock that tile also.

Most tile shops don't seem to offer an immediate collection service. I know that I've bought tiles from both Right Price Tiles and Tubs&Tiles. In both cases I ordered them and collected them a couple of days later. However, when I picked out just 2 sq.yds. for a small area in the former I was able to bring them with me. It will probably depend on the popularity, quantity, etc, as the other posters have mentioned.

My advice to anyone buying tiles is to buy a spare box because learnt this lesson the hard way. Nothing worse than making a small change in a tiled room and not having enough tiles to accommodate.