Do the binmen take Christmas trees?

I know there's a green bring centre in Lucan where you can bring it . . . .don't know of any others.

The bin men take rubbish to landfills. The EU requires the volume of organic materials going to landfill to be reduced, so councils are encouraging diversion of organic waste from landfills
To do this many sell home compost bins at cost (Wexford County Council currently selling bins at a special offer rate of €15 instead versus about €40 - €50 in the shops). The councils also offer a free christmas tree shredding service as well. see your local papers or ring your local council to see where your nearest one is.

There ain't no free disposal of Christmas trees around my way — nor, AFAIK, in any areas where the waste collection services have been fully privatised. My local friendly [broken link removed] will remove my tree from in front of the house if and only if I attach a €7 plastic bag to it. Alternatively, I can drive it to his premises — 12 miles from Limerick — and pay him €3 to let me leave it there...:rolleyes:

I think I have a date with an axe in my back garden, one of these days soon. Anyone in the market for some 'Fine Pine' handmade mulch...?

[P.S. Limerick CoCo have knocked down the price of composting bins to an unbeatable €30...]

If you chop it up you can probably get it into your normal domestic refuse bin/bag.

There is a list of drop off points in today's Irish Times and available on www.ireland.com apparently.

All local authorities are providing a free service this year.

Dr. M, there are 5 sites mentioned in the Limerick area.

Back