do testers check reverse lights in test?

rosey

Hi..am in bit of fix..my driving test is tomorrow morn and just realised this morn that one of my reverse lights is gone..all other lights working- am out at work all day today....will have to try and get to garage in morn before my pre-test and the real test...(I have spare bulb but tried for about half hour this morn to remove the back light section- something is stuck..I can unscrew most of the section but however much I pull and tug, I can't get the whole piece off and get in to where the reverse light is) I wont be back til late tonight and have nobody I can call out late or really early tomorrow...anyways...the question remains, if anybody can tell me do testers usually check reverse lights- I presume they can ask but is it usual?
Any help really appreciated, thanks

Hi Rosey, the tester will check the lights, but I'm not sure about the reversing light, but if he does, it's an automatic failure. Any mechanic should be able to fix it in less than 10 minutes.

I have never heard of them checking the reverse light before. However it is a simple fix and any garage/mechanic should be happy to replace if for you in a matter of seconds if you explain the situation.

halford's advert says that they will fit it for you, so go into a halfords store and buy a bulb and they will fit it for you if the advert does what it says on the tin! That's assuming that it is the bulb that is gone

Good Luck tomorrow

Hi Rosey,

Not trying to sound stupid but make sure that your car actually has 2 reverse lights. I know a lot of cars that only have 1 reverse light and a fog light in its place in the other light cluster.

This is a very valid point, I know someone who actually brought the car to the garage only to be told this!

Hi Flanders,
now you know 2 people!....you and Petermack right....I went on a tour of 4 garages...bought a bulb in a place similar to halfords-they couldn't open the light thing to replace the bulb but sent me to to nearby garage..they replaced the bulb, sent me on my way- realised afterwards that light still wasnt working...left work early and off to another garage-no joy!- they sent me to another place that did car electrics..the guy wanted to book me in for next week-explained situation to him and he said he'd get somebody to take a look...guy fiddled round with the wires under the steering wheel and then told me the brake lights were fine again!..I said I know the brake lights are fine-this is the reverse light that isn't working....that's when I found out that just as PeterMack said-it is a fog light-I only have one reverse....ahhhh...thanks for all the advice though..should have paid more attention-had it in my head I defo had 2 lights- thought I would have noticed before if I'd had only one.......

I have another good one. I failed my NCT for having one of my "reverse" lights on the driver's side wasn't working. I was in a rush and didn't think twice about it. Eventually figured it out that it was a fog light and that neither are even part of the NCT!