Do people feel a property crash is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

homeless

I'd be interested in people's views. We should probably keep specific price drops out of any discussion however (as per Administrator's views).

Re: Do people feel a property crash is coming???

"Please do not reopen the discussion in another thread. If you do, you will be banned from Askaboutmoney."... said Brendan in closing the 'Current public sentiment' thread. You might want to take note!

"Please do not reopen the discussion in another thread. If you do, you will be banned from Askaboutmoney."... said Brendan in closing the 'Current public sentiment' thread. You might want to take note!

this will probably be deleted but i feel the discussion should be allowed to go on , including house price drop examples as they are in the public domain anyway but given this post i just discovered on boards.ie i very much doubt it

SpongeBob on Boards.ie said:
I'd say the IFSRA has ' something ' to do with this

Note the following .

a) [broken link removed] regulates the banks. When the fall in house prices becomes severe in the mid-late spring of 2007 then the IFSRA will be very busy .

b) The IFSRA have a [broken link removed], chaired by the bloke who owns AAM .

c) As he accepted the chair of their consumer panel he now has a Fiduciary Duty to the IFSRA so if he ever finds out they are concerned about property drops he must act accordingly as long as he is in the chair . Once he gets the slightest little hint of concern from within the IFSRA his fiduciary duty kicks in.

Quote:
A fiduciary duty is the highest standard of care imposed at either equity or law. A fiduciary is expected to be extremely loyal to the person they owe the duty (the "principal"): they must not put their personal interests before the duty , and must not profit from their position as a fiduciary, unless the principal consents. The fiduciary relationship is highlighted by good faith, loyalty and trust,

Its a hard one . If you expect open and free discussion on AAM about any matter of genuine concern to the IFSRA....such as the solvency of the banking system if the property market tanks....then you are simply looking in the wrong place in my opinion .

As indicated, I'm closing this thread while Brendan and the moderators consider our position on the matter of discussing specific property values/prices.

There's of 'property bubble' discussion forums out there, in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back