do I need to contact a solicitor

J

JCR

Can anyone give me some advice?

I am a sole trader new to the business.

I received a phone call from a company about advertising my details on their wall planner. The sales pitch was excellent I would be the only one of my trade and they would even donate to charity.

I agreed over the phone and they said they would send me out a mock up of the advert for my approval.(I gave them my e mail address and mobile number)I did not hear from them or receive anything untill I received the final made up wall planner. There are several other companies on this wall planner offering the same service. I was not happy and when they rang demanding full payment.I said I was not happy as this was not what I was promised.I had not received any letters that they said they had sent to me and asked why they didn't ring me or email me.They asked me to pay half the fees.I told them I was willing to cover their donation that they had made to the charity. They said they would get back to me but this morning I have received a letter demanding full payment or they will take legal action. what should I do?
I origionally posted this thread on ask about business and received reassuring advice to ignore the above.(I forgot to mention that it is a English company don't know if that makes a difference or not).I have just received a letter from their legal company this morning saying that failure to respond to the letter looking for full payment will result in me incurring legal costs as they do not operate their own dept department. I am really worried.

Write back to them and tell them that if they sue you, you will vigorously defend any such action and if you have to do that you will be seeking YOUR costs and that your letter willl be produced at the hearing of any such action in order to seek those costs.

TBH I think you have nothing to worry about if your post is the full extent of the matter and they are wasting your time.

ignore it, don't even waste your time sending a response. Keep ignoring it. do a google search, you will probably find out that it is a scam. is a similar try-on.

Back