Do holes in flour bag in press mean mice?

To be fair Welfarite, I think I'm panicking myself. I just realised that I'm not sure what I'm vaccinated against last week and was planning to get that sorted this week. I'm extra worried as I don't know where I stand with vaccinations. Would not like the idea of mice walking over my bed or being in the kitchen press because of hygiene but otherwise I see them as harmless enough...just the lack of certainty regarding vaccinations that has me freaked!

But going to doc tomorrow so that should help.

have left the lovely choice of flour that they have already tasted. Hoping to convince them not to wander any further!

Mica...(be warned i am not trying to gross you out)

i would strongly disagree taking it not seriously, i am not trying to be gross about it, but u can't tell where these little guy been visiting before checking out ur place...
i would rather be safe then sorry...its their droppings and urine thats deadly..i am sure many medical professional agree on this

Can honestly say would not set mouse on fire! That's a heck of a story! Anyway off to Homecare with me! thanks again folks. mica

its their droppings and urine thats deadly..i am sure many medical professional agree on this

I disagree with this - by all means clean up and disinfect the press, and see your GP if you want to but PLEASE do not worry about getting some crazy disease from it - mice in Ireland do not carry any serious risk to humans (unlike rats).

The only "serious" risk mice pose to man is those that carry hantavirus. This is carried by certain species of mice, and is a risk in the US (and sometimes in mainland Europe) - It's the benefit of living on an island - there have been no cases here - ever! Otherwise they are a harmless creature, you are many MANY times more likely to catch something from your cat!

So please don't worry, you will be fine, I practically guarantee it!

I agree with Stresshead, the chances of picking up something from a mouse has to be slim to nill as long as you take normal precautions- if you think a mouse has access to anything, wash it first, if food- throw it away. Wash your hands after touching stuff in house and before eating or preparing food. Sure if you're putting stuff in the oven the heat will probably kill everything anyway. We live next to rodents constantly and frequently they come into our homes, if there was really anything to worry about think it would be well high lighted. Have had loads of mice infestations myself in the first few years after we built our home, had to go around the house and block up any possible entry and then ( sorry) kill all the ones already inside, now no repeats.

I lived in Holland a few years ago and had mice - nothing will get rid of them except boarding up the holes where they are getting in. Forget the plug in things, we had one beside the bin, but a mouse still came in and found it's way into the bin one morning.
I personally hate the thought of them in my house and had nightmares of them running over me at night time! I wouldn't be comfortable to just catch the ones that got in, I'd need to be sure no more could get in, so I'd board up that hole. We were nearly suffocated with lack of air by the time I was finished!
The silver lining of having mice apparently is that you don't have rats as they don't tend to live together - not sure if it's true though.

Okay I won't stress it! thanks, you're all making me feel better anyhow.

I've got some stronger washingup liquid and disinfectant spray to deal with baking trays etc and everything else is in the bin. Latex gloves are on the ready!

Was going to doc anyway to get vacs sorted, but this has speeded me up!

I just know nothing about these little critters, was sure their droppings must be bigger than that but no! apparently not! Anyway, there's no doubt, there was so much of them.

I was looking at plug-ins but decided to do some research before buying.
We'll tackle it somehow when hubby gets home...God love him!

Thanks again for all advice, I feel much better anyhow...was really worried I might have caught something awful! Ms Stresshead should be my name sometimes! Cheers folks! mica