Do bank staff get preferential rates?

AIB has a fixed rate of 3%

There is a limit but I don't know what it is. It used to be about €180k. I suspect it has not changed much.

There is BIK on the amount between 3% and 4%.
So if you have a mortgage of €100k , you are deemed to have received BIK of €1,000 and would pay tax on that.

The rate is revised each Budget and was 5% until 2011 and has remained at 4 since then.

Just wondering. Might go looking for a job in one with the way interest rates are going

I strongly recommend that you do a hell of a lot of research, before considering taking a job in a Bank.

I know a lot of Bank staff, and all are desperately unhappy - I also have it on good authority that the Banks are badly struggling, to hire new staff, particularly at junior and junior management roles.

The days of getting sizeable discounts on loan rates etc. are long gone, as are several of the other perks that used to be available to employees.

I strongly recommend that you do a hell of a lot of research, before considering taking a job in a Bank.

I know a lot of Bank staff, and all are desperately unhappy - I also have it on good authority that the Banks are badly struggling, to hire new staff, particularly at junior and junior management roles.

The days of getting sizeable discounts on loan rates etc. are long gone, as are several of the other perks that used to be available to employees.
It was somewhat tongue in cheek. I was just interested to hear if that was an actual benefit. Like most of these kind of benefits I'm sure the taxman negates most of it with bik

Back