DIY Aluminium Scaffold Tower

philipb

I'm thinking of buying a 7m version for various outdoor jobs over the coming years... painting the house, cleaning gutters, tree pruning etc. I reckon it would easilly pay for itself over the years (approx cost 600 euros) and is much safer than a ladder. Does anyone have one and are they any good? Thanks.

The one we use is called Instant Span and it is fantastic
10 ft base unit simply folds out has wheels and stabilizers.
Is type used by tool hire peope.
Not sure wether its cosidered DIY but it is possible that you mean non tubular type.

Just make sure you place it on even ground. If it's half in the muck and half on a path it dangerous.

I'm thinking of buying a 7m version for various outdoor jobs over the coming years... painting the house, cleaning gutters, tree pruning etc. I reckon it would easilly pay for itself over the years (approx cost 600 euros) and is much safer than a ladder. Does anyone have one and are they any good? Thanks.

Is it possible to hire one out for a couple of days to test it out rather than spending €600 and find its not suited to your requirements.

Can they be bought second-hand.

Hired one last year ..... 20'x8'x4' ........very light, fast to erect and dismantle, outriggers and 2 full platforms. about E80 for the weekend.

Where are you looking at getting this from wouldn't mind looking into it myself

Looks impressive i will be looking into getting something like this for the summer, having 2x platforms included is usefull also

That looks seriously lightweight. I can't see it taking much abuse but if it is for just light occasional work you should be ok. The ones you see in hire shops would be much more durable and cost in the region of €2K to €3K.

Just beware, you get what you pay for. I'd certainly be wanting to see it in the flesh before I bought one.

Back