Divorce laws

justasking2

Hi, just wondering if any one can point my in the right direction. My Nicece lives in Cyprus and is currently filing for divorce. The problem she is having is that her Solicitor and her husbands solictors know each other ( small village) and she fells that she is not getting a fair deal . Her husband is Greek and its as if he is calling all the shots (her father is greek but she was born in London has been living there since she was 14 ). I know here and in most countries the solicitors are not allowed to discuss their clients deals. What I would like to know is
  1. Is this not the case in Cyprus.
  2. Is there a govering boby that she could complain to
  3. Also she has been told that she cannot leav the country. She has no intention of leaving Cyprus her parents are there and so are her siblings. But at some point she will want to visit her family in the UK. can he stop her from leaving the country.
Many thanks in advance for any help you can give mw or who I can contact for advise.

I don't think anyone here can give you any advice about Cypriot law ( Vanilla - any thoughts?)

But I do suggest that she maybe should talk to another solicitor in a bigger city environment and get the answers to her questions.

mf