divorce and repossession

barcajack

Hi all. I'm starting down DIY divorce route (cannot afford a solicitor); I've received the court pack & I'm getting the documents in order. We Split over 4years ago; no kids. Been a rough few years but Ive moved on. Ex originally was in house but no payments made since I left. I'm cooperating with mortgage company but no repossesion date has been set yet (I just want it final so I know were I stand). We went to court last sept & agreed repression but ex asked to stay in house another few months. She has since moved to Belfast. I want to proceed with divorce asap; it will be uncontested but I'm not sure about the repossession. In statement of means S2 I need to list assets; do I include it; how would I phrase it? Aside from a 10yo car I have no other assets.
I've searched for a similar thread but I can't find anything; has anyone had a reposseion while going through a divorce?

Thanks

Barcajack

What is the value of the property?
What is the loan?
Are you sure repossession makes sense as the banks have ferocious charges.
If it is to get even with the other - then banks win.

Well you quite clearly are on the title deeds so you list it as an asset but you also must list the mortgage as a debt.

Is it a voluntarily handing back of the property rather than a repossession.

Back