Distilled water

Haille

What is the easiest way to collect distilled water I need approx 5 to 10 litres. Forgive my ignorance is rain water distilled if collected directly ? Any help gratefully accepted

What is the easiest way to collect distilled water
From a chemist?
I need approx 5 to 10 litres. Forgive my ignorance is rain water distilled if collected directly ?
Don't think so. Distilled water is free of impurities. Rainwater is unlikely to be especially after sitting in a receptacle for a while.

What is the easiest way to collect distilled water I need approx 5 to 10 litres.

Probably a hardware shop.

Forgive my ignorance is rain water distilled if collected directly ? Any help gratefully accepted

No. Rain water contains many imputities from the atmosphere. Remember "acid rain"?

Very hard to do without the right euipment i.e. lab glassware etc. Distilled water is made by evapourating water and then condesing the steam. This could be done with a condensing column which has cold water running through it to condense the steam back into water. For the volume you require this would be a slow and tedious process. this glass ware could be got if you were very hard pushed from a school lab, uni lab etc.

Best bet is try a chemist to see if they can order it in or go through someone in a lab that you may know, they may be able to get you some. A lab would have an industrial still that would be able to make the volumes you are looking for in no time.

It depends on what you want it for. I have a condenser tumble drier and you can use the water that it collects for car batteries and the like. It actually said in the book that it could be used.
hth