Distict Court areas

cologneboy

Hello there,

I'm in the process to pursue an issue through the small claims court. I live in Newport, Co. Tiperary, the defendant operates a business out of Corbally Co. Clare. My understanding is that I can choose either Court. I could not find the District Court area numbers either court. Any advise?

Thanks,

Hello there,

I'm in the process to pursue an issue through the small claims court. I live in Newport, Co. Tiperary, the defendant operates a business out of Corbally Co. Clare. My understanding is that I can choose either Court. I could not find the District Court area numbers either court. Any advise?

Thanks,

Generally it is the district in which the defendant resides/carries on business.

Ring any of the Distrcit Courts in Tipp or Clare and ask them which one deals with Newport or Corbally. Which on is closest to the address is usually (though not always) the answer

ClubMan,

I did try www.courts.ie but couldn't find what I was looking for, that might have been me though.

Csirl, thanks for the link you sent, it did the trick.

Thanks,

Cologneboy

You can also go with the area where the contract was entered into. So if you signed a contract at home you can use your local court regardless of the location of the defendant.

just ring the local garda station and they will tell you the district area.it is usually wherein the defendant resides.

Back