Distance from Milan Malpensa to Milan?

ragazza

Hi,

on saturday I'm flying to Milan Malpensa, and have a hotel booked in a village called Lake Orta.
I'm trying to find out the best way to get to Lake Orta via public transport.

I see on , that there is a train from Milan-C.LE to Orta-Miasino.
I suppose Milan-C.LE means the main train station - does anyone know how long I should leave to get from Malpensa airport to the main train station in Milan?

Thanks in advance,
Ragazza.

AFAIK there is a rail link from malpensa airport to milan centrale...it takes about an hour and involves a change in one of the suburban milan stations. The trenitalia website should have all the details...

Take the shuttle train from Malpensa to Cadorna station, then jump on the green line Metro (I think) to Centrale - either way, it's easy enough - I think approx 40 mins to Cadorna and another 15 max (including waiting time, in the middle of the day - could be longer at night) to Centrale - Centrale is pretty big, about 20 odd platforms, so allow 10/15 mins for there too. Overall, say 1hr 30 should easily do it.

Malpensa is quite a long way (over 40km) from Milan ... Orta is on the same side of Milan as Malpensa Airport out past the airport ... so going 40km+ into Milan to turn around on go back out to Orta would be making the journey much longer than it needs to be

The best thing to do I think would be to get the bus to Novara from the Airport and get the Orta train from Novara

Hi all,

thanks so much for the helpful responses!

I also emailed the hotel asking for directions, and they say the same as you DoctorK - to get shuttle bus to Novara, and then get train to Orta.

Thanks again,
Ragazza.

Back