dissolved company that owed money

8till8

I never succeeded in collecting a debt from a company because it was shut down and despite all usual methods I gave up on collecting the money. However now I notice on the CRO website that the company has been dissolved very recently.
My understanding is that the company had to declare to the CRO that there were no creditors outstanding but this is not the case.
Any advice on how to proceed? can the dissolution be reversed until the debt is cleared?

Last edited:
Was the company struck off (dissolved) for failing to file annual returns? This is known as involuntary strike off or was it struck off by Revenue for failure to pay taxes? The company could have also been dissolved through Voluntary Strike off or by the Liquidation process and then wound up.

You will need to check with the CRO what form of strike off was involved.

A creditor can seek for the company to be restored to the register. If the company was struck off voluntarily, the creditor must apply to the High Court. If the compay was struck off involuntarily, the creditor can apply to a circuit court or the high court for restoration.

See here for more info

If the creditor writes to the CRO/ODCE advising that the company did in fact have assets whilst the directors have already declared they did not surely the CRO/ODCE should take some action against the directors!!!! As the reknowned barrister Brian Walker stated on the RTE programme The Frontline Company Law in Ireland is irreparably broken. There is legislation sitting on the minister's shelf not enacted. As usual our parliament has let us down. Our over-paid over-expensed law makers have again been found asleep on the job. Wake up lads we are drowning.