Dissapearing Bookmarks!

M

Macker2

hi,
I was surfing thi afternoon and to my horror discovered that my bookmarks had disappeared! I had these bookmarks for the best part of a year and am desperate to find them! Does anyone have any suggestions?!

Thanks
:\

Look at your browser history. If you haven't changed anything, it should have saved your browsing history for the past 15 or 30 days.

Of course, you'll have backed up your data on a regular basis for data beyond 30 days.

What browser & operating system are you using? Have you checked to see if they are still in the Recycle Bin?

Totally non techie.....

Thank you for the feedback but how di i............

- check the history?
- check the recycle option?
- back up bookmarks every 30 days (is there a File Save option?)

Sorry

Re: OS and browser

Macker
The recycle bin is on your desktop, just open this and search for a file called bookmark (i think). A more comprehensive search, go to Start/Search/File and folders, in the search box type 'book' and click search, make sure you are searching the entire C drive.

Its not a file you simply delete, so its got to be around somewhere! Did you download any s/w or change any settings/ set up new user recently?

No joy....

Tried the recycle bin - nothing there resembling bookmarks.

Tried also searching the entire C drive - alas no joy there either.

Any other tips?

Thanking you
Macker2:p

I have also just lost my bookmarks. This happens quite frequently on this computer even though my PC at work has had no such problems. There was nothing to important in it (this time!) but does anyone know why it happens and how I can prevent it happening again. I use Mozilla firefox as my browser of choice but this problem never arose while I used IE.

Back