Disposing of no longer wanted cuddly toys and other toys.

Bronco Lane

We have over 100 cuddly toys left over from our children and grand children, taking up valuable space in a spare bedroom of our home. We also have boxes of unused toys that the parents are happy to leave with us but not have them in their own homes.

Do charities still take these? If I made up a parcel could I post them direct to some overseas school/village that might like them?

We have over 100 cuddly toys left over from our children and grand children, taking up valuable space in a spare bedroom of our home. We also have boxes of unused toys that the parents are happy to leave with us but not have them in their own homes.

Do charities still take these? If I made up a parcel could I post them direct to some overseas school/village that might like them?

Your local primary school would be very grateful to get them for their junior classes.

I had no luck in getting rid of all the teddy-bear type toys.

But other games, jigsaws etc (check all the parts are there and everything in working order) are usually acceptable for donations.

One slight correction with this list is that Dogs' Trust specifically ask not to give them pillows

They definitely appreciate the duvets and old clean towels. I left over a load of them myself recently.

Oh really, I definitely gave them pillows the last time. They couldn't take any feather type but took the polyester type. Must remember that, don't mind throwing pillows in bin though, they dont weigh too much!

Go to a car boot sale.. probably €10/15 to have a stall.. make a poster saying €2 each or 3 for €5.. I am sure you will clear the lot and make a nice few €€'s

Kildare Animal Foundation are a fabulous organisation who have an Open Day every July to raise much needed funds to look after the animals. They sell toys etc so I'm sure they would be delighted to take any unwanted ones as they have a stall specifically for selling them.

Back