Disposing of confidential papers

• Thread starter unsure about
  • Start date
U

unsure about

I wish to dispose of small amount of confidential papers -circa 3 boxes. My mini-shredder cannot cope. Shredding companies that collect seem to have min €150 charge and would prefer not to burn. Do you know of anywhere I can drop off or any other suggestions?

Would it be an idea to knock around a few offices to see if they have a better shredder than yours and offer them a few quid to do it for you or even to give you access to it?

Would it be worth your while buying a better shredder?

Get a student

Get some student to do it. 2 hrs a day for a week should cover it. Plenty of young people who would be glad of a few bob to come and do simple work like that.

You could put them into a bucket of hot, soapy water for a few hours, stir it up a bit, and when it turns into pulp, just squeeze out the excess water, and put it in the bin..... Sounds complicated, but it's not... I even leave my balls of pulp to dry out, and put it in the green bin....

Darth...

Hire one from your local tool hire company.

The one nearest to me has one so you should be able to source it from one.

Could anyone please recommend a reputable company to come to our home and shred and dispose of confidential papers? It would be the equivalent of about 25 archive boxes. We are in north County Dublin.

Sounds complicated, but it's not... I even leave my balls of pulp to dry out, and put it in the green bin....
Use them a firelogs if you have an open fire. After a good bath, this is how I shred all my stuff also.

[broken link removed] will call to your house and shred your documents but it won't be cheap.

Lyreco (office supply company) have a shredding service, they have bags for sale - €19.95 for 5 bags (reasonable size a little smaller than a black bag looking at the picture) they will charge you for the bags but pick them up and offer safe destruction of them for no additional cost.

***I have no affliation with this company, their Sales Rep just happend to have been in with me this morning! He told me the service is run by a company called Iron Mountain maybe try them?

You can also drop off confidential papers off at panda recycling on ballymount road Dublin 12. However the lyreco service sounds very good.

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions. We are specifically looking to have the shredding/destruction done at our home, under supervision, although that does seem to be by far the most expensive option! Will update when the job is done.