Display cabinets?

Sarah

HI All,

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a nice (medium size) cisplay cabinet for the sitting room... i have one its a two door glass and wood but its too small for our needs and had a look in Arnotts but their very very expensive..€3500 for the one i liked! Anywhere around dublin city or the kildare area would be great or any suggestions welcome.

Thanks a mill

Re: Display cabinets??

You could try www.furniture.ie for a list of custom cabinet makers who'd be able to make it exactly as you'd like, and retail shops as well... I'm always recommending that site but it would seem to be a good place to start for most people looking for furniture.

Cheers
Joe

I'm looking for some furniture too - Strawbridge's website looks really good. Is their shop as impressive? Has anyone here bought from them?

I know about Strawbridge's stuff and I do think it is reasonable enough, although not the cheapest (imo)... they would have some painted gear that is pretty nice. I was going to mention them too but the OP didn't specify painted stuff specifically... There is also Greenwood Antiques on Clanbrassil St, Dublin if you're interested in painted stuff...

Absolutely first class stuff from Higginbotham but they have prices to match...

Cheers
Joe

With regard to Strawbridge - their shop is probably 200 m2 at most. They do seem to cram in something from all the ranges on the website though. They also sell most of their furniture unpainted as well..

Anyway - make a day of it and visit Mount Usher gardens and dine in the new 'Garden cafe' directly opposite the shop.

Beechmount Home Park Navan has loads of furniture shops and also some manufacturers. Well worth a visit.