Disneyworld Florida

Fubar

We are planning an Easter trip to Disney for one week -2 adults and 3 kids ages from 17 yrs down to 8 yrs. Can anybody recommend a hotel to us within close proximity to the funfairs, etc yet not too expensive. Also any other tips that might be worth while taking into account...
Thank You

stay on international drive, great selection of hotels and restaurants. you won't go wrong.

On international drive you are close to most of it.
Nearly all the hotels run busses to Disneyland anyway

Why dont you stay in a villa for your stay. Most of them are much cheaper than hotels and they all have there own private pools. We are going over for three weeks on Saturday and staying in one, worked out much cheaper than hotel and you have much more freedom. PM me for any more info that you might need.

Places to visit on your trip:

Kennedy Space Center - you can go for the full day Astronaut Experience, have lunch with an astronaut, or just take a tour around. Check beforehand if a launch is planned around that time as you will need to book early if there is.

Busch Gardens: north on I-4 to Tampa Bay. You'll need a car to get there, but it's worth the short drive to nearby Tampa Bay to enjoy this 335 acre family park.

A Boat Trip at Winter Park
This narrated, one-hour tour takes passengers through three lakes and two canals, skirting along the shoreline to peek at exclusive historic homes, elegant mansions, and wildlife (Winter Park is the Foxrock of Orlando). Its a great way to get away from the parks for a half day and relax on the water. The boat departs every hour on the hour and is a lovely experience for all the family.

Fantasy of Flight at Polk City. If you are looking for a real experience, real fun, and real takeaway - something the entire family can enjoy. We took a trip up in a 1929 biplane on New Year's Day and it was brilliant.

[SIZE=-1]St. Augustine is the oldest continuously occupied city in Florida - very relaxed and quaint, as is Mount Dora, which is nearer to Orlando - you can take a short trip on an old fashioned train while you are there and take a walk along the boardwalk. For a good look at the town, take the Mount Dora Road Trolley. Be sure to visit the pet shop and prepare to be amazed at what's on sale there! [/SIZE]

"Old Town" - There's a go-cart track, old-fashioned carnival-type rides and lots of shops to go in and places to eat.
It's not a large place but there's plenty to do.

[SIZE=-1]
Enjoy Crazy Golf at Pirate's Cove on I Drive. Congo River have another further up I Drive plus a couple more around the State, for example there's a good one at Altamonte Springs.

A great place to eat on I Drive is Bahama Breeze. The Brazilian Crazy Grill at the top of I Drive is an all-you-can-eat Brazilian buffet with great meats, big salad bar, Brazilian wine and very friendly service. Texas Grill is similar. Sweet Tomatoes Buffet is a healthy option all you can eat buffet on I Drive, for less than $10 a head - salads, pasta, ice cream, pizza, chicken. Avoid Tony Roma's and TGI Fridays.

The kids will love a visit to the Peabody Hotel to see the ducks

Merritt Island near Port Canaveral is a wildlife preservation area with the most beautiful unspoilt beach imaginable - not a shop or a house in sight, remote and wonderful.

Don't miss Epcot

I would suggest bringing/buying a set of walkie-talkies on your trips so that you can keep in contact with the kids and save on mobile calls. When visiting the parks wear comfy shoes bring your own water/snacks and take lots of breaks to avoid dehydration and the kids getting overtired. Publix and Albertsons supermarkets are brilliant for picking up eats and snacks. It can rain cats and dogs suddenly in Orlando (generally around 4 pm) so be prepared. I find Hertz very reliable for car hire and always get the Neverlost system as an extra, so there's never a problem finding places or knowing exactly where you're going.

Have fun!

[/SIZE]

Vistana resort is excellent for a family of 5. Its a large apartment type complex very close to Disney. I never liked international drive. If going to Universal islands of Adventure which is the best theme park for teens consider the Hard rock hotel for two days. Its expensive but if you stay there you will not have to q for any of the rides at Universal and at easter the qs are very very long at all the parks so its worth the extra money.So my recommendation having been there over 20 times is two days at the Hard rock and 5 days at the Vistana resort.

I agree about the Sheraton Vistana resort on Lake Buena Vista, stayed there in Jan this year and the suites are really big
. It is near everything and the grounds are great, if you are booking there ask for the fountain or cascades section as they are by the pool, shop, internet cafe and restaurants all walking distance.
to email direct for quote email oscar.montoya@starwoodvo.com

We are going again in Jan staying here this time www.bahamabay.com I booked this direct using www.holiday-rentals.co.uk
enjoy.

Back about 10 days. Stayed in a villa (second time doing this). If you book direct, the value is great because of the dollar.

We stayed in Kissimmee and location was great.

Would add Olive Garden as a place to eat - yummy, yummy, yummy

Sue, where's Olive Garden and what kind of cuisine? Going over soon again PG and good to know new places

I'm not Sue, but I have a question for her at the end .... Olive Garden are a chain of Italian restaurants. I'd agree with the recommendation as they do tasty pasta etc at reasonable prices (olivegarden.com has menus etc.).

Hopefully this URL will work: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=...q=olive+garden&near=orlando&ie=UTF8&z=11&om=1
If not google "orlando", click link for "maps" above search bar, then choose the "search for businesses" link and put in "olive garden".

The question for Sue or anyone else who has rented a villa: any recommendations for websites or suppliers of villas?