dishwasher recommendation?

tinkerbell

Hi our old dishwasher is finally packed up after years of hard work Just wondering has anyone any recommendations or not about whats a reliable buy to replace it? The old one was a Zanussi and was fairly trouble free over the years but just wondered if theres better out there now thanks

I think Zanussi is as good as you will get. Also recommend Phillips Whirlpool which I have at the moment - good guarantee and back up service. Only bad experience I can remember was with an Indesit washing machine about 3 years ago. Endless trouble, poor customer service and impossible to get spare parts. Got rid of it - maybe they have improved now.

Miele for something that will last 30 years! Otherwise Bosch or Siemens are good and reliable (and more reasonably priced). I would go for the Miele myself. My parents had theirs for 30 years and it only got retired because my mum lives alone now and wanted the space in the kitchen for something else.

Bosch, certainly seem excellent, it runs so quiet, you will hardly know its going.Lots of options for energy saving runs etc.

My De Detrich machine is a good bet too, although I believe Bosch are the best (for sensible money anyway). I can't imagine any of these lasting up to thirty years though- that's an awful lot of washing!

based on feedback from clients, Miele dishwashers have a great reputation - go for the one with cutlery rack on top - great idea

I have just moved into a new house and bought Bosch. Bosch and Siemens are basically the same machine rebadged, made in the same factory, but for some reason, the Siemens machine is more expensive.

thanks everyone for the advice. Went looking today and Bosch/Zanussi are about the same price so thinking of the Bosch just for a change and quiet would be good too! Miele were much more expensive and sadly the bank accounts a bit weak at the moment! Thanks very much for the input!

I've had a Whirlpool for about 8 years. Its moved home about 8 times, been in damp storage for about 2 years, its dented and lost the base board along the way. Doesn't look pretty but still working away!