Disconnect Phone line from Sky +

mimmi

I know there is a long thread about phone line and Sky + so I'm just confirming my understanding from re-reading that thread.

Background - I've had Sky+ for a year, I'm going to change my subscription - I dont watch sport or movies much, so they dont make any money out of me.

Secondly the wiring set-up is interfering with my ability to get mt DSL broadband - they did a rough and ready job at installation.

I want to disconnect my phone line from my 2 boxes. It seems that the phone line is not needed for up-dates on your Planner, it's only there for Pay for View and tracking the Sky Box.

So I'm doing nothing wrong by getting my electrician to undo the phone wiring?

You will at some point in the future get a letter from Sky warning you to reconnect, failure to do that means they are entitled to charge you for two subscriptions.
Leo

Yep,

Your problem is not the sky+ box, as you have completed your 12 month subscription, the problem is your second box which you are getting at half price. They will think you are subbing out the second box to someone else if they dont see callbacks from both boxes on the one phone line.

Get rid of the second sky box and you should be fine.
Wexfordman

Back