Discombobulating experiences

odyssey06

In work at my desk, listening via headset to a recording of a presentation by a colleague.

The same colleague walks over to my area and talks loudly to another colleague, so I am hearing his voice in person and though the headset.

This seemed to completely discombobulate and confuse my sensory systems and I found myself incapable of tracking either conversation.
It was like my system was saying "this should not be happening."

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Joys of working for a multinational means I live on a headset. It always freaks me if someone nearby is also on the call and I can hear their voice in the office and one/two seconds later I hear it in the headset.

Joys of working for a multinational means I live on a headset. It always freaks me if someone nearby is also on the call and I can hear their voice in the office and one/two seconds later I hear it in the headset.

Yeah it's the long delay that strikes you as weird... but I suppose if they hit even closer it was would more confusing \ echo-ey.

I see workers in McDonalds on their headphones and built in microphones. I wonder how they ever get anything done.

Back