Disappointed over losing out on house

Petal said:
My work colleague had an extension built onto his house last year I think and he reckons the whole building plastering wiring and plumbing and roof came to about 20K.

It seems very very cheap or i got ripped off by builder providers
I built one myself, i.e. no labour to be paid bare plasterer: 36sqm - one storey - €21k .... and that just for material..

Well, I'm happy to report that we went sale agreed on another house now...It was in second place after the one we lost out on, but we're happy enough now.

I don't know about that! I think my parents will get a heart attack when I tell them how much we paid!!!

Petal said:
I don't know about that! I think my parents will get a heart attack when I tell them how much we paid!!!

well, don't then...unless their names are on the mortgage protection

Petal said:
Well, I'm happy to report that we went sale agreed on another house now...It was in second place after the one we lost out on, but we're happy enough now.

Am convinced that these things are meant to be. A few friends who have lost out on their first choice have been very happy in what was originally second best.

sueellen said:
Am convinced that these things are meant to be. A few friends who have lost out on their first choice have been very happy in what was originally second best.

In the house we lost out on (earlier post) we had convinced ourselves that we were OK with the absence of a bath in the bathroom and the presence of asbestos on the garage roof.

Hindsight is a great thing !

Yes I am quite happy now. All I have to survive is getting everything else organised... Insurance, surveyors, solicitors.... cancelling the rental place and all the services... Speaking of the latter, NTL are driving me demented, just cannot get through on their helpline, it's ridiculous, they let you listen to their music for about 10 minutes and longer and eventually I always give up. Have written a letter in the meantime, but would have still liked to speak to someone on the phone...