Disadvantage to loading a CC

car

I need to spend a good bit on items over the coming weeks/months, I earmarked it and deposited the money to the CC to cover this spend to get it out of the way.

Someone mentioned to me that they thought I wasnt covered by normal CC rules, e,g, goods not arriving, if I did this, is this true?

Any other disadvantage to loading a credit card?

Depending on your card's t&c, you may not be covered for any fraudulent use of your card. So if someone goes on a spree with your card, it isn't the provider's problem until the card goes negative.

Plus, if you pay by direct debit, they may still take the money off your account, at least thats what MBNA do - I bought a PC for someone & they gave me the cash which I lodged into the CC, but they still took the full amount from my bank account.

If you have online banking, anything you pay from your bank account to your Credit card during the day is usually recognised that night - so there is no good reason or need to front load your cc for purchases that might be weeks or months away. Just keep an eye on your daily balance and a record of your purchases and you shouldn't have a problem.

MBNA told me sometime ago when I asked about loading my CC that any fraudulent use of the card would be the responsibility of the cardholder.

There is no advantage to loading your card for EURO purchases if you clear your balance before the end of your interest free period.

Only advantage really is when you make non-EURO purchases and in that case certain fees may not be applicable.