Disability Allowance Review?

Dude240502

I have been on Disability Allowance for 9 years and have never been called in for a review, is this normal, could I expect a review in the future and what would it consist of, does anyone know?

Reviews are generally based on medical conditions or means - people who receive DA may have different types of illness,some of which may improve with time and others that are present for life. If you have not been selected in 9 years I wouldn’t worry about it. If you do get called on medical grounds you will have to attend a medical assessor and if it is on grounds of means your case will be reviewed by a social welfare inspector.,

Reviews are generally based on medical conditions or means - people who receive DA may have different types of illness,some of which may improve with time and others that are present for life. If you have not been selected in 9 years I wouldn’t worry about it. If you do get called on medical grounds you will have to attend a medical assessor and if it is on grounds of means your case will be reviewed by a social welfare inspector.,

Are people often reviewed with Disability Allowance, I have been told that I may never be called in for a review, is this true?

Are people often reviewed with Disability Allowance, I have been told that I may never be called in for a review, is this true?

I think this answers your second question;

I think this answers your second question;
I asked the question but got no reply about working since claiming Disability allowance,

I think if you find a casual job you think you might be able to do with your disability, your allowed to work so many hrs without losing your Disability allowance,

I was told by a person who was offered work which he felt he could do coming up to christmas, he never took it up because more than likely even working one hr may trigger a review,

Someone on hear in the know may be able to confirm if correct,

Back