Directors Pensions from Ltd company

chelsea07

Hi

I set up a limited company last year and with the net profits I plan to invest them into a directors pension plan (to avoid CT), would anyone have recommendation of pension plans ?, which banks offer the best options ? who else may offer them ?

thanks

Firstly, consult with your accountant on the most appropriate pension contributions from the company. Secondly, don't look for pensions advice from a bank - they are tied agents (only allowed to sell their own products) and their principal interest will be to sell you their pension, not to match your needs to the appropriate pension product. Your accountant should also be able to act as broker for your pension, but you may prefer to segregate the accountant's advice from the broker's role, and get proper independent financial advice from an authorised advisor. The larger the likely contributiuons your company will make, the better the deal on commission you are likely to strike.

If you are comfortable with making your own investment decisions the you can also elect to go the 'execution only' route and this should reduce the set-up costs considerably.

I just invest in the Quinn Life Funds - I spread them over 10 various funds. They were going great guns until the last 4 - 5 months. Commission is pretty low (1 - 2%) & there are no entry exit fees.