Directors Compliance Statement - CA 2014 & relevant obligations

telco

Hi there

I am having difficultly sourcing a sample Directors Compliance Statement now required under CA 2014, also I am tasked with penning the " Relevant Obligations " of the company I work for ( lucky me :) ) and our relevant obligations ( they encompass that we are compliant under the CA 2014 plus tax laws and any sector relevant guidelines)
Templates/boilerplates on the DCS or relevant obligations seems to be scare , I got a quote for from our external counsel to do an audit on our compliance with CA 2014 for €2K which seems excessive and that its something which should be available as standard in time.
Any suggestions/comments or links would be appreciated

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

and

[broken link removed]

“relevant obligations”, in relation to a company, means the company's obligations under—

(a) this Act, where a failure to comply with any such obligation would (were it to occur) be—

(i) a category 1 offence or a category 2 offence; or

(ii) a serious Market Abuse offence or a serious Prospectus offence;

and

(b) tax law;

And failure to produce the compliance policy statement seems to leave them open to a category 3 offence.

The word material is used in the Act so you need to figure out what your gang consider material.
Am guessing you are an entity with US connections so you had better figure out what HO regard as material as if you get in the manure business what HO thinks is material is what is important and not what local Joe thinks.

{been there with similar, especially if they seek a stick to beat you with}

Against that background and the option to rely on outside advice, 2k seems good value.

In addition, I expect the external auditors to be all over this so maybe start with them

Many thanks Ircoha, I do have that info from the research I guess more specifically I was looking for a sample relevant obligations and DCS (we are the HO so no fear of that) appreciate your response

Back