Director of company in financial trouble - can I move to another company

scubee

I’m one of four directors and a shareholder of a company who is in trouble financially. I have an offer to transfer to another company. Does anyone know if I’m legally curtailed against moving to another company UNTIL the company i’m now involved in is wound up or can I move to new company and be involved in the wind up on the side.
Is a solicitor or financial adviser the best person to go to get advise on this.

You would need legal advice immediately. Have you spoken to the company Accountant? What is the position in respect of your accounts/cashflow?

I am attaching an article from Sunday Business post, which may clarify some issues for you. Is the company still trading. If it is trading whilst insolvent, there may be serious implications for the Directors.

http://newsweaver.ie/fgs/e_article000770772.cfm?x=b11,0,w

Way to broad a question to get a useful answer. Take the advice offered above.

Surely OP can move as an employee to another company no problem? OP, is that your question? I think the advice relates to whether you are resigning as a director while the company is in trouble and, in that case, then do seek independent advice.

Sprite

Back