Director/Employee registration

Nicky

Dear friends,
I have set up ltd. Company and would like to be as employee at the same time making prsi/paye contribution.
when I made a call to revenue for form 30, I was told that I have to fill form TR1 to be allowed to work as director/employee,
I have read the form and think that is kind of misunderstanding and I do need to do that.
Could you help my to understand why should I go to register for employee again, if I am already there for many years, please ?
Thanks

To register as a employer a company files a form TR2 to get a tax number. Use same form to register for vat and corp tax.

Tr1 is to register for self employed.

In addition, Form 12a is the form that the company must use to register you as their employee.

To be honest, if this sort of stuff is confusing you, you need proper professional advice as otherwise there is a strong chance that you will make costly errors.

Thank you ubiquitous and papervalue,
I think I will have to talk to someone in Revenue more proffesional, because when I registred my company I got all tax number, prsi and paye.
Just one more question, should I send them my P45 from the previous employment and to get credit tax form or not, beacuse as I am
an owner more than 75 % shares of the ltd. company and there is no tax credit for me

When you send in the TR2 to the Revenue to register your company for Corporation Tax the Revenue normally automatically register the directors as self employed. As a director although you pay PAYE if you own more than 15% of the share holding of the company you are a proprietory director and as such are classed as self employed. This means you cannot claim the PAYE tax credit but claim all the rest.
You also need to register yourself as an employee to get your tax credits and this can be done online once your company has received its tax registration no by registering with the ROS system. Alternatively you can ring the Revenue district associated with you and they will register you as an employee and send out your tax credits to you. No need to send in your P45 - you will need this information when you have to complete your Tax Return next year and the Revenue should have it on record already.
Hope this helps but its not easy setting up a company without some assistance and also beware of you filing obligations with the CRO

Thanks a lot Claireposts !
Your post makes sense for me and from now on I know what to do next.