Directions to Lees Garage Cork

Speedwell

Hi

Am hoping someone can help me. I have to collect a car in Lees Garage on South Terrace Street tonight and am looking for directions. I am coming from Carlow.

If I head straight for the city centre can anyone tell me what signs to look out for on the way in.

I looked on the map and as it seems to be a one-way system I am nervous that I will miss my turn when I get into town.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi,
I assume you will be coming into Cork via the main Cork – Dublin road? If so, take the following route.

When approaching the Jack Lynch Tunnel as you head into The Peoples Republic of Cork you will be greeted by traffic lights and a large roundabout.
Head through these traffic lights and take the 3rd exit off the roundabout without entering the tunnel (Tunnel is the 2nd exit).
You will find that you are heading up a slight incline and you will join a major road on your right. You will come to another roundabout (The Dunkettle Roundabout) and you will head straight through this roundabout, taking the first exit and you will head up a dual carriageway.
This dual carriageway runs for about 1.5 miles, at the end of which the road narrows and you will come to an S bridge where you will go over the bridge and keep going straight.
On your left will be the river and on your right will be houses and the Cork – Cobh railway line.
Keep going straight until you come to an overhead railway bridge (Big Ad on it for Murphys Stout) where just before you reach it you are forced to turn left by the one way traffic system.
After turning left, you turn right again (you have to, as you have no choice, the roads are set this way) and there is a wall on your right and again, the river is on your left.
Continue to head up the quay in the left hand lane until you come to a bridge, turning left onto it and going into the right hand lane.
As you look straight ahead you will see Jurys Inn in front of you to the right (red brick building). Continue on straight, over the next bridge staying in the same lane.
You will see the Sextent Pub on your left but keep going straight until you come to a bend in the road.
This bend turns to the right. As you turn right, you will be presented with 4 lanes. The 2 on your left bring you to the airport (stay away from them) stay in the left hand lane of the 2 lanes on the right (if you follow my drift).
You will notice a large amount of hoarding on your right (this is the new Elessyian Tower) and you go through the traffic lights (taking up the left hand lane) until you come to another set of lights almost straight away. At these lights you will see two pub facing you… The Market Tavern and The Motor Arms. At these lights, turn left and get over to the right hand lane where Anglo Irish Bank will be on your right.
Continue to the traffic lights where your right hand lane turns onto The South Terrace.
Get into the left hand lane and The LEE GARAGE is on your left before the traffic lights.
Welcome to Cork!

Last edited:
The above directions are pretty much perfect, although, isn't the garage showroom on the left hand side before the traffic lights (re second last line above)?

I remember checking the Lee Garage website before when I first moved to Cork and was looking at an apartment near there. They have a handy little [broken link removed] on the website, but this might not help if you don't know the area.

It's worth noting that parking around (well, directly outside) the garage can be a bit of a disaster (often double/trebel parked cars there). If you get to the garage and can't find a spot to pull in, it's worth knowing that if you take the right at the traffic lights (and right again straight away, taking you onto Copley St. if you have a map) you're right beside a multi story car park (on the left) with some on street parking directly across from the entrance (on your right).

The above directions are pretty much perfect, although, isn't the garage showroom on the left hand side before the traffic lights (re second last line above)?

Satanta: Correct, Typo on my part which I have just rectified.