DirectDebit from AIB (how long should it take)

Mayo1969

I have a weekly direct debit from AIB to my Credit Union a/c which comes out of my AIB current a/c on a Fri morning (Shortly after 12 midnight) yet it doesn't appear in (isn't credited to) my Credit Union a/c usually until at least the following Tuesday and sometimes not until Thurs - Anyone know who has the benefit of my money over the long weekend and in the age of electronic transfers and since it is an ongoing regular weekly transfer, why does it take so long?

Incidentally on a related note I posted an AIB check to Irish Ferries on Tuesday and I notice it's been debited from my account already today (Thursday) so they can be fierce damn fast and efficient when it benefits them!

Irish Ferries must be an AIB customer too. My understanding is that if an AIB cheque is lodged to an AIB account it is debited to that account immediately whereas a cheque drawn on any other Irish bank takes two business days.
I would assume the 2 buisness days rule is the same thing thats happening to your dd only it appears longer with the weekend. why don't you change it so it comes out of your AIB account on a Monday and should be in your CU account by Wednesday

I presume you mean Standing Order and not Direct Debit. All the Banks have different cycles for Standing Orders and you might be best contacting AIB for an explanation of their cycle.

Back