Direct labour build - Plumbing Quote

Birroc

Hi,

Got a plumbing quote for for 2000 sq foot house with 'normal' plumbing requirements - 1 toilet and 2 bathrooms, zoned heating, OFCH + fuel burning stove, no UFH etc etc

Quote was 6000 (labour) + 6000 (materials). Materials dont include the boiler.

Is that good, bad or ugly ?

Depends on location, Are they supplying bathroom ware, probably not. Sounds a bit on the high side but not too much. Does the 12k include VAT. Always get three quotes to compare. cheapest doesn't mean best and if possible get recommendations.

Depends on location, Are they supplying bathroom ware, probably not. Sounds a bit on the high side but not too much. Does the 12k include VAT. Always get three quotes to compare. cheapest doesn't mean best and if possible get recommendations.

Yes 12k includes VAT and no, bathroom ware is not included.

Hi I got a quote for the same type of thing. The house is 500sqft bigger and the original quote I received was 7,500. I negotiated him down to 6,800 in the end. He was always going to get the job as I know his work and would not trust a lot of the other plumbers in the area so I consider 6,800 to be over the odds. As with your quote, nothing special, no underfloor etc...

Paid 7800 cash about 6 months ago for a 1950 sq ft house. Included everything except toilets, showers etc.

7800 included all 12 rads, boiler, oil tank, piping, fuxtures and fittings etc. All I paid for was 2 toilets, 2 sinks, 2 showers and mirrored cabinets. These were also fitted for 7800. I'm in Waterford if that's of any use.

4000 for labour is what I'm paying. this includes installation of UFH upstairs and downstairs, installation of all domestic pipes. Basically it took him 1 day to do downstairs and 2 days to do upstairs for the 1st fix installation.
2nd fix will include connection of all sinks baths toilets etc and the commisioning of the UFh and the boiler/cyclinder. As all the supply and waste pipes are already in its a pretty straightforward job to hook up the sinks etc

the 2nd fix will take no more than 5 days to complete so in total its about 8 days work which works out at €500/day

I supplied all materials myself and as I'm an engineer by trade I know exactly what I want and generally have a good idea how long a job should take. I also took some time out to supervise the installation of the UFH pipes and manifolds to speed things up.

I supplied all materials myself and as I'm an engineer by trade I know exactly what I want and generally have a good idea how long a job should take. I also took some time out to supervise the installation of the UFH pipes and manifolds to speed things up.

Just out of interest, how did you speed things up?

Simple things really had all materials there it really slows things up if you are missing stuff. I also made sure all insulation and blockwork was complete before plumber started. Also know exactly where you want your waste pipes to exit the house. i also got pipe layout drawing from the UFH supplier so I knew exactly where pipe runs were going prior to installation.
Also it helps to complete the job on a dry day which is out of your control but it does help.

Back