Direct labour build - New Windows/Doors

Birroc

Hi,

My new windows are arriving next week. I am told that correct fitting is vital with new windows. Can anyone suggest what I should look out for in terms of good seals, air tightness, fitting etc etc

I think you should try and get a window fitter to fit them Its not an easy job as any distortion in fixing the frame can cause problems

one thing we didn't check for was batons around the window. We never heard of them before so when we arrived home from work and went to see them there was gaps around the window. Window company said they weren't liable and that the man they got in was on contract so tough. Ended out havign to take them out and get them re-installed by a carpenter. Painful thing about all this, window company charged €4000 to install windows. Apart from that , don't know if your company include this in the price but just pump in seal around the windows. We obviously had to this ourselves. That's it really.

sorry, didn't realise you were puttimg them in yourself. Just get a carpenter in to do them, way cheaper and they can put the batons around also, our carpenter did all our windows for €900, if I recall

sorry, didn't realise you were puttimg them in yourself. Just get a carpenter in to do them, way cheaper and they can put the batons around also, our carpenter did all our windows for €900, if I recall

I am not putting the windows in myself !
I wouldn't know where to start.
I just want to know whether the fitting was done well or not...