Direct labour build - Insulation on First floor only

Birroc

Hi,

I am building a 2 storey house with hollowcore first floor. I am thinking of dry-lining the 1st floor bedrooms only (with platerboard + 25mm Kingspan insulation board).
Would this be a bad idea ? I mean, if I insulate top floor, should I do the ground floor too or will I be creating a 'problem' ?

I figure the bottom floor will be insulated enough during the day (150mm cavity with full fill insulation) but the bedrooms could do with extra insulation.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi,

I am building a 2 storey house with hollowcore first floor. I am thinking of dry-lining the 1st floor bedrooms only (with platerboard + 25mm Kingspan insulation board).
Would this be a bad idea ? I mean, if I insulate top floor, should I do the ground floor too or will I be creating a 'problem' ?

I figure the bottom floor will be insulated enough during the day (150mm cavity with full fill insulation) but the bedrooms could do with extra insulation.

Any advice appreciated.

why??

Living areas are normally heated to higher temps than bedroom, therefore they need the extra insulation.

Have you done a condensation risk analysis when using full fill cavity with thermal linings??

why??

Living areas are normally heated to higher temps than bedroom, therefore they need the extra insulation.

Reasons are trivial I suppose. I dont want to lose the space (50mm) and cost - I have been told that the difference I will be neglible on a cavity of 150mm with bonded beads.

Have you done a condensation risk analysis when using full fill cavity with thermal linings??

I haven't no. Is this an issue ?

Back