direct debits

hennebrm

Hi there just looking for some advice regarding paying all my direct debits from my current account I'm so sick of getting referral charges etc...... thinking of setting up a second current account with AIB and having a direct debit of around €80 per week to cover everything from my wages into my new ' just direct debits' account .I get paid on a weekly basis and my
husband gets paid montly but we can never seem to get on top of things.

What do most people do to organise and manage there money I have about 12 direct debits ranging from life assurance, car insurance,sky etc coming out of myself and husbands joint account and they seem to come out at slightly different dates every month.

I was looking online to see if AIB have any kind of a system like paypoint etc but they don't seem to.

Any advice would be appreciated
:)

Hi there just looking for some advice regarding paying all my direct debits from my current account I'm so sick of getting referral charges etc...... thinking of setting up a second current account with AIB and having a direct debit of around €80 per week to cover everything from my wages into my new ' just direct debits' account .I get paid on a weekly basis and my
husband gets paid montly but we can never seem to get on top of things.

What do most people do to organise and manage there money I have about 12 direct debits ranging from life assurance, car insurance,sky etc coming out of myself and husbands joint account and they seem to come out at slightly different dates every month.

I was looking online to see if AIB have any kind of a system like paypoint etc but they don't seem to.

Any advice would be appreciated
:)
y

You can change the date of most direct debits simply by writing to them and letting them know of course all payment dates will be bought forward, if you know the date OH gets paid each month, a few days after that would be ideal. We done electric equaliser as well so esb paid monthly at a date that suits us the only ones that you can't change is phone but they are ways to sort that as well long term.

What I have done with my direct debits is to make sure they all come out within a week of my wages being paid. So I get paid on the 28th and most of my direct debits go on the 29th. Mortgage goes out on the 1st of the month along with mortgage protection payment. Just makes life easier and you know the money will definitely be there so close to wages date!

Back