Direct Debits Between ESB & EBS

pudds

Was trying to sign up for the new Super Saver deals from ESB Electricireland on line today.

All went swimmingly until I entered my Educational Bld Soc sort code which is, 93-90-21 and automatically details for AIB came up which is the clearing bank for EBS.

Underneath this info, there is a blank space where I was tempted to fill in
the additional info necessary, like my name and EBS account number.

But decided to enquire from the E.S.B. Help forum over on the boards first and they say that:-

Direct debits will only work with current accounts from a Republic of Ireland bank (credit unions and building societies unfortunately aren't accepted).
I have never had a prob with direct debit payments from the EBS before and currently pay my upc bill through them.

My EBS a/c is an "Instant Access" account.

So whats the problem with Electricireland or does their software just need updating?

If you have a sort code then there shouldn't be a problem. That is all the information that Electric Ireland want. If they can remit a debit through the system and it arrives safely at the other end and they get paid that is all that they need. The EBS will just collect the details from their clearing agent on a daily basis and once your EBS account number is on it, your account can be debited. Go for it.

If you have a sort code then there shouldn't be a problem. That is all the information that Electric Ireland want. If they can remit a debit through the system and it arrives safely at the other end and they get paid that is all that they need. The EBS will just collect the details from their clearing agent on a daily basis and once your EBS account number is on it, your account can be debited. Go for it.

Should have all right, just had 2nd thoughts for some reason. anway

I got on to the Sales team and explained the situation and was told "I never heard of EBS" [broken link removed] after consulting his superviser he was instructed to input all details and see if system accepts it and hey Bingo... should have tried it myself on line in the first place.

happy ending anyways.:)

thanks.

Isn't it hard to believe that the ESB have people answering the phone to customers who have never heard of the EBS?

Back