Direct Debit Query

Paulie74

I’ve just had a final payment for my car debited (PCP) from my bank account (this was an error we are trying to resolve) there is nowhere near enough to cover it, and I don’t have an overdraft facility. Will the bank honour this and leave me hugely overdrawn, or reject it?

I would contact bank immediately. Usually in your situation item would be returned unpaid. Has the direct debit actually been charged to your account making it overdrawn?

Yes Trojan, the online account is showing a significant minus figure, I am anticipating it to be returned, I am trying to contact them, I've had one rejected previously as I was one cent short in my account!!! Fingers x'ed.

Yes Trojan, the online account is showing a significant minus figure, I am anticipating it to be returned, I am trying to contact them, I've had one rejected previously as I was one cent short in my account!!! Fingers x'ed.
Paulie if on Direct Debit ,I am near (certain) you can recall that DD without any query/question within 2 months.

Paulie - I think Gerry is correct on the "..recall that DD without any query/question within 2 months.."

Thanks all, bank returned it no issue and I could see the reversal online, much relief.
Thanks again.

Yes but cancel the DD by mail so that it's clearcut and won't happen again. Bit like finishing your anti-biotic course.