Digiweb 20quid too good to be true?

gramlab

Have heard ads about this package and thought it might be worth a try but their website is pretty vague with the details. Does anyone have any goog/bad things to say about it or indeed digiweb overall.

It Works Just fine but only available within about 10 km of the 5 larger cities at the moment. My neighbour has it (near Galway) . The telephone quality can be a bit iffy but he compensated by using VoIp and he wanted to port his old telephone number to a VoIP operator in order to keep the number alive when he cancelled the eircom line. He now has 3 phone numbers

old one (now VoiP)
076 number, free from VoIP operator
new one (Not Voip and supplied by Digiweb)

He had been scheduled for full Metro and varied the order to Metro lite a week ago when they announced lite . It survived the deluge around here on Sunday becuase I checked with him.

Thats all the downsides I know of . The BB technology works very well and its €20 a month including line rental .

What bit of kit goes into the house?

Does it connect to the phone line?

thing like NTL box in the house and aerial pointing into town outside (small square one) and cable between the aerial and the box , installer comes to you.

it is not connnected to phone line, you can get rid of phone line and plug a phone straight into this yoke or VoIP ATA

Digiweb

Is there anyone using digiweb, i was looking at their metro lite package. Eur 20 for BB & phone. Surely this is too good of a deal to be of any use. Is this a wireless service

i have digiweb and i think its the best thing since sliced bread.
i currently have the metro 3 mb package. its 35euro a month if you just use the broadband. but you can also use a telephone trough the modem witch uses voip. the calls are cheap as chips.
digiweb use a 30 day rolling broadband usage limit of 30 gigs. so you have to keep an eye you dont go to much over your limit as they will cut your 3mb down to dial up speed. i have it bout a year now and have had no problems, all my family and friends have it also and they think it is brill to, also digiweb to digiweb calls are free so i dont have to pay for calling the family or friends.

i have digiweb and i think its the best thing since sliced bread.
i currently have the metro 3 mb package. its 35euro a month if you just use the broadband. but you can also use a telephone trough the modem witch uses voip. the calls are cheap as chips.
digiweb use a 30 day rolling broadband usage limit of 30 gigs. so you have to keep an eye you dont go to much over your limit as they will cut your 3mb down to dial up speed. i have it bout a year now and have had no problems, all my family and friends have it also and they think it is brill to, also digiweb to digiweb calls are free so i dont have to pay for calling the family or friends.

Thats fantastic benny. Digiweb must be very happy that you are here to sing their praises!

I have Digiweb BB using ADSL with a Zyxel router and I think it is fantasic value for €20 per month. I can't get the wireless service in my area as I am not in line of sight of the transmitter. Previously I had Eircom ISDN and it was costing me a fortune in phone bills. Only thing I find is that I need to keep my router permanently switched on as it can take some time to reacquire the connection if the router is switched off.

Back