Digital TV - Waterside, Swords Rd, Malahide

P

poundboy

Can anyone tell me what companies provide digital tv to this estate?

Are satellite dishes allowed in the estate?

Broadworks are the cable providers in Waterside. The management company contract states that no satellite dishes are permitted, but every second house has one (including ours!), but I don't see a problem once the dish is mounted to the rear of the building.

Thanks beancounter.

I was on to Broadworks and didn't like their digital package.

Would rather go with a well known provider.

I believe NTL do not cover Malahide so I assume Sky are the best option?

Do you have Sky?

Also, do you have broadband?

Thanks.

FYI-we have Broadworks and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone-if they have a choice.

If Broadworks are onsite, you will not be able to get NTL as it is more than likely that they (Broadworks) have exclusive rights while the developer retains control of the site.

Check the terms of your leashold/management agreement-satellite dishes may be forbidden. So you may have little option but to go with Broadworks.

Broadworks and other operators such as e-Nvi get exclusive deals with developers or management companies . The worst of all is a shower called sky Conway.

I'd say they will make everyone take the dishes down and soonish but if you install one of these yokes linked below you would be grand .

Thats what a mate in a flat complex did on his balcony because it was south facing, luckily for him.

[broken link removed]

also

[broken link removed]

and finally

[broken link removed]

Once the developer is gone and the residents take over the management company you can tell Broadworks or any other underperforming service provider to shape up or get out.

The danger with getting satellite dishes where they are not allowed is that you run the risk of haiving them removed. This is what happened in our development.

I'm not trying to drag the thread off into a long and pointless debate on the issue (that's for www.boards.ie -loads of discussion on this issue), but you should be aware of what may happen if you go the satellite route.

I know of some places that snip them off the walls twice a year and I agree with the aesthetic argument. They are bloody ugly.

Every apartment complex should have communal dishes and wiring to each apartment from the dish on the roof nowadays but our building regulations in Ireland are really really primitive.

2Pack said:
Once the developer is gone and the residents take over the management company you can tell Broadworks or any other underperforming service provider to shape up or get out.

Indeed, but as the song goes "the road is long.........."

We connected to the Broadworks basic package when we moved in last August - TV was essential for our 2 kids and it really didn't matter who provided it! I'm not the sky sports fan in our house, so I don't care too much if the dish goes!!

We have wireless broadband with Access Telecom, I think. Eircom were unbelievably difficult to get anywhere with.

On another issue altogether, the mobile reception inside the houses in Waterside is NON-EXISTANT!!

Beancounter,

Did you have any problems with having a satellite dish...any problems with the council etc?

Does the dish have to be east facing.....our back garden faces west and would like to put the dish up at the rear of the house rather than the front due to council restrictions.

Cheers

Back