Digital projectors

J

joesoapy

What should I be looking for to compare them?

I am looking at buying a standard/basic one for computer presentations and maybe the odd movie at home but not for home cinema usage

I know lumens should be around 1200-1800, for a starter one and lamp life should between 2000-3000 hours for same

Is there anything else I need to know and is there one that someone would recommend?

I have seen the Toshiba ET1 on and at the price (excl VAT) it seems very reasonable

Joe

check the price of replacement bulbs. they cost hundreds

Dell

Don't know much about them, but I imagine Dell's projector's must be good value?

What should I be looking for to compare them?

Last month's Home Cinema Choice had a showdown article on LCD and DLP projectors. The article is not online but you might be able to track it down.

Contrast levels, brightness, bulb life, resolution, inputs, WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) were all factors they evaluated.

If you are using it for business use i.e. presentations rather home cinema, then not all of these will be of concern to you.

Just got one from Kiomplett delvided yesterday

When used with laptop for presentations and even a DVD, perfect picture and will work in almost ordinary daytime conditions without having to have heavy curtains, just the blind pulled down, don't like the neighbours anyhow

Having trouble though if I use a scart go S-vidoe conection, will only play black&white, using for watching TV from chorus box

Has this problem before when watching TV through an AVerTV box but since it cost €50 gave up trying

Any suggestions, I would fancy watching the game tomorrow on my own large screen

Never know if I watch Ireland/England in b&w it might hark back to '48 (did they have big sreens then)

Back