Digital Photo Frame

Happy Girl

Am thinking of getting a digital photo frame for my mum for Xmas but know absolutely nothing about them. Can anybody make any recommendations. I just want to get her a basic one with good clear photo image. Can anyone also tell me if I am right in thinking that it is the film chip in your camera that u put into the frame to operate it.

I am no expert, but you do need to find out a bit about them before you buy one, especially if it is for someone who doesn't have much computer knowledge.

If you buy a frame with takes the same type of memory card as your camera, then you can take it out fo the camera and into the frame, but then you can only use one of the them at a time. BTW, there are different types of memory card, you can find out what type is in your camera from the manual.

What do you or your mother currently do with the photos from your digital camera ? Presumably you save them to a computer.

What you really want to do is be able to browse the photos stored on your computer and save the good / memorable ones to the memory card of the frame. Doing this via USB is probably easiest, so you will need to buy a device to save to the memory card via USB.

I probably haven;t answered your question, but I tried to point out the things you need to work out before you buy a digital photo frame.

Maybe you should look at www.howstuffworks.com and read the section on digital photo frames. It might help

Last edited:
What you really want to do is be able to browse the photos stored on your computer and save the good / memorable ones to the memory card of the frame. Doing this via USB is probably easiest, so you will need to buy a device to save to the memory card via USB.
http://www.

Or store them on a USB memory stick. Simply plug it into your computer and copy across the photos you want to show on the frame. You can even add music to this, and it will play on some frames. I have a Kodak Easyshare SV710 frame, and find it very easy to use.

Back