digital photo frame Qs- photos on memory stick

seaflower

I want to get one as a present for somebody but not sure how exactly do they work. Checked in one shop today and the assistant said you put the memory card in. The problem is how do you get the photos onto the card (presumably you buy a small one and leave it in the frame all the time). My old Sony Cybershot didn't alow me to copy anything ONTO the memory stick, only to copy from the stick to pc. I know I can get a card reader, but it is too much hassle.

So, few questions:

1. Do most cameras allow to copy from pc onto memory card (as I said mine didn't but in the shop they were very surpriesed, didn't believe me :confused: ) If not, are there any alternatives for copying the photos onto it without reader?
2. Are these frames good?

Last edited:
I want to get one as a present for somebody but not sure how exactly do they work. Checked in one shop today and the assistant said you put the memory stick in.
Are you sure that they didn't mean something like an SD Card or XD Card rather than a USB pen drive or something like that?
1. Do most cameras allow to copy from pc onto memory stick (as I said mine didn't but in the shop they were very surpriesed, didn't believe me :confused: ) If not, are there any alternatives for copying the photos onto it without reader?
Onto an SD or XD card - yes. Onto a USB pen drive - no. The latter would require USB OTG which few cameras support as far as I know.
2. Are these frames good?
Any use?

Electronic photo frame
Printing digital photos

Sorry, ClubMan, should clarify. I said "memory stick" meaning any sort of memory for digital camera, including SD, etc. The guy said pretty much all of them are compatible with the digi frame.

So, if the camera uses SD card you can copy from PC back onto the card?? My Sony Cybershot (using memory stick) defenitelly can't!

Will check the links, thanks!

The good old friend Google helped me figure out that some of these digital frames come with integrated memory and USB port, that is more like what I'm looking for :D

So, if the camera uses SD card you can copy from PC back onto the card?? My Sony Cybershot (using memory stick) defenitelly can't!
If the camera uses SD or XD cards then depending on the photo frame it may be possible to take these and insert them directly into the photo frame. Some cameras can be mounted as USB "disk" drives and files copied to/from the memory card from/to the PC. Others can only be accessed using special software. Otherwise you may need a card reader.

If the camera uses SD or XD cards then depending on the photo frame it may be possible to take these and insert them directly into the photo frame.
That was the only option the shop assistant was suggesting (insert the card directly into the frame and leave it there). But obviously you want a small memory card to leave permanently in the frame, and you need to be able to upload the photos onto it (may be even edit them beforehand).

It seems some frames do come with USB port and internal memory for 30-50 photos, so that's my problem sorted:D Thank you for all comments!!!

Back