Digital photo frame.. no video ..please help!

Armada

Hi All,

Firstly hope I am posting this in the right forum.

I am trying to play a 2 min video on a digital photo frame using a camera memory card. I cannot seem to get the clip to play - even in "movie" mode.

An error reading flashes "jpeg data error". I can view images perfectly on the photo frame and can view the video on my laptop and of course the camera.

Where do you think I am going wrong? Would appreciate guidance.

Thanks a mil

What format is the video file in? (i.e. on the laptop, what file extension appears after the name — *.avi, *.mpg, *.mp4, etc.)

It may be one that the photo frame can't 'read', in which case you'll need to convert it.

No, the .jpeg format is only for still images. I'm kind of surprised if it can't handle an *.avi file; that's one of the most 'universal' formats around.

Is it possible that the file is too large for the frame to read? (the manual or the specifications should somewhere list the formats compatible and any relevant size limit...) You could try converting (or more accurately compressing) it to DivX or xVid (which is still a kind of .avi) using one of the free converters described in these guides and see if that improves matters.

Alternatively, you may just have a faulty photo frame!