Digital Freeview TV Guide

hgd

i have a sony bravia TV with a digital tuner and get perfect reception with a digital aerial for the digital freeview service which is currently broadcast from ticknock. i am unable to access the tv guide though, when i press the tv guide button, i am told the feature is not available. i thought this was because there was no tv guide with the service but a friend of mine is able to access it with his samsung tv. does anyone know why this is?

does the tv guide work for anyone else on freeview through the aerial?

i have tv with digital tuner built in-after that just bought small digital aerial

I'd love to get this service - what ariel and/or set-top box is required?
You're unlikely to get Freeview in Dublin. You would probably pick up the Irish DTT trials though from Three Rock. This would only get you the 4 main Irish channels though.

You're unlikely to get Freeview in Dublin.

Hi Bytelive, could you explain this? I'm a complete novice here, looking into the cheapest way of getting tv in Dublin - but the kids want Sky 1 & Nickelodeon....which we'd lose if we went over to Free To View Satelite (my preference!)

The thread is about Freeview, a brand name for Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) in the UK - digital TV via your rooftop aerial. It's not to be confused with satellite transmissions.

A satellite system for the FTA (free to air) channels will get you many channels, like BBC 1-4, ITV 1-4, CITV, CBBC, CBeebies, Sky News, etc. Of course, as you've said, you'll lose stuff like Sky One and Nick.