Digital Cameras- who fixes them?

Y

Yuyus27

I bought a Fuji digital camera about 3 years ago. It is rather good with a powerful zoom. The problem is that the flash does not work... in my ( not at all expert!) opinion, the problem may be simply that the bulb needs replacement.. The camera is outside the warranty terms . I have taken it to a few camera shops and have been advised to contact Fuji directly ... Fuji are quoting me over 350 Euros, simply for having a look at the problem ( camera has to be sent to UK etc etc ) and then they would quote for actual repair charges.
I am also being told by their helpful sales people that I can buy a new camera for that price....I would really like to be able to get mine looked at and hopefully repaired at a reasonable (!) cost. Does anybody know who would undertake this job? Or at least who could give me a cheap diagnostic as to what exactly is wrong with it?

Many thanks

I have a Fuji on which the zoom lens jammed just a couple of months outside the warranty period (grrrrr...). I sent it to Fuji and they repaired it but the whole transaction (assessment, postage and repair) came to way less than what you've been quoted - somewhere between €100 and €200 I think. I haven't the details to hand as I'm at work. €350 sounds ridiculous just to have a look at the thing.

Check out Camera Care, Dame House, 24-26 Dame Street
Dublin 2. They fixed a problem with my Fuji digital camera, reasonable price.

Thank you both. I will check with Camera Care and will let you know!